This little booklet is a modest attempt to analyse and expose the teachings and practices of the Tariqat ul Naqshbandi in the light of the Glorious Qur’aan and Sunnah, and is done purely in fulfilling our obligation to enjoin the right and forbid the evil. Over the years many deviant movements have arisen in the Muslim world bent on corrupting the teachings of Islaam and thereby mislead the Muslims. One of the most dangerous of the contemporary movements is the group known as the Naqshbandi Tariqat.
Like most deviant groups, they claim that the Muslim masses are ignorant and are therefore in need of a Sheikh (leader) who is supposed to possess the secret knowledge of the unseen. They also claim that all religious texts have an obvious outer meaning known to the masses and a hidden meaning known only to the Sheikh, and that the masses are unable to contact Allaah on their own and hence are in need of a intermediary (Sheikh) who will get them close to Allaah if given unquestionable and unconditional obedience.
The greatest danger of this group lies in the fact that they, while wearing the cloak of Islaam, are striving to destroy it from within, in a vain attempt to extinguish the light of Islaam and divert the Muslims from the reality of the religion.
Realizing the grave threat posed by this group, we have undertaken the task of exposing the falsity of this group, seeking only the pleasure of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa), we hope that the absurdities, fallacies, and the extremely deviant nature of this group would be clearly exposed to those trapped in its clutches and as a timely warning to those contemplating to join them.
The simple method we have adopted in exposing the group’s deviant beliefs is to quote what Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur’aan and what His truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in the authentic Ahadith, and then to quote the group’s beliefs or position vis-a-vis the same issue, taken from their own publications printed by `Arafat Publishing House’, and where necessary commented upon.
In all firmness to this group we have given the names of the books, along with the page number from where we have taken these quotes. Reference to the Qur’aanic Aayaat and authentic Ahadith too have been provided.
Due to lack of space we are compelled to deal with only some of the serious issues of the group’s beliefs and teachings which are directly in conflict with the pure Islaamic teachings as revealed in the Glorious Qur’aan and authentic Sunnah.
This booklet is by no means a complete exposition of the entirety of this group’s deviant beliefs and teachings and all Qur’aanic Aayaat quoted are only translations of the meanings of the Qur’aan.
We pray this little booklet serves to remove the confusion and ignorance that the people are suffering from regarding this important issue and that it will save all those sincere seekers of truth from falling in to Shirk.
- THE ISLAAMIC BELIEF: Allaah is the Only Truth.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Aba Yazid al-Bistami is the Truth.
- THE ISLAAMIC BELIEF: None shares with the command of Allaah
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh shares with the command of Allaah
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None could attain the Rank of the Prophets or their Companions.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Certain people could attain a Rank higher than the Prophets and their Companions.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Allaah is above the heavens.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Allaah is Everywhere.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None has the knowledge of the Last Day except Allaah.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh has the knowledge of the Last Day.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Believers and disbelievers are not equal.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Believers and disbelievers are equal.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No intermediary between Allaah and Man.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh is intermediary between Allaah and Man.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No spokesman between Allaah and Man on the Day of Judgment.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh will be a spokesman between Man and Allaah on the Day of Judgment.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: (For anything to happen) it is only what Allaah wills.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: It is what Allaah and the saint wills.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Allaah is in charge of creation.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh is in charge of creation.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None can change a bad situation except Allaah.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh can change a bad situation.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None can make anyone enter paradise or save from hell, except Allaah.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh can make one enter paradise and save one from hell.
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: The Angel of death will take the soul of the dying.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh will take the soul of the dying
- THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No hidden knowledge in Islaam, everything is given in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.
THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh has hidden knowledge.